Happy Halloween to all of you and happy birthday to me! Today I turned 29 years old. I thought it would be fun to do a review of all of the things I’ve learned from my 29 beautiful years on earth. Now none of this is earth shattering life changing lessons, it’s mostly just silly and fun. So without further ado, in no particular order, here are the 29 things I’ve learned in my life.
- Almost everything is better with melted cheese (bonus points if it’s Brie). In fact, if a doctor told me I could cure all my physical and mental ailments by cutting out cheese. I still probably wouldn’t. Sorry not sorry.
- No one has it all figured out we’re all just trying to create a jigsaw puzzle that we lost the box to so we don’t know what the shape supposed to be (credit to Daniel Sloss for this one)
- As you get older time flies by faster (I wish I could freeze time and stay in my 20’s forever).
- Take care of your skin when you’re young and you won’t look like a sack of potatoes as you age. I’ve only just developed a multi-step nightly skincare routine which used to consist of me just splashing some water on my face and hoping for the best.
- Cherish moments with friends and family.
- Laugh as much, as loud, and as often as you can (don’t worry about laugh lines, you can always get Botox later 🙃)
- Eat the cookie!
- Be the partner you want your partner to be. You can’t change them but you can change yourself.
- Treat everyday as a new adventure (don’t waste time waiting for the weekend).
- Embrace your mental wellness and practice self-care. Don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need a boost.
- Do things in your own time (don’t let society or friends or family dictate what you have to do and when you have to do it) we all grow at our own pace.
- Don’t ignore your health. Be mindful and kind to your body. Understand when it’s trying to tell you something and go see a medical professional, if it’s necessary.
- Treat yo’ self (every once and a while).
- Vote! No seriously this one’s important. Always vote no matter how insignificant you feel it is, it isn’t!
- Don’t let anyone tell you when you can drink Rosé, it’s not a seasonal drink. Drink that s*** year round if you want!
- Wear white whenever you want (who cares, you do you boo)!
- Be with someone who makes you laugh and calls you beautiful.
- Hollywood got it wrong about love and marriage. It’s hard work but, when you love someone the work is worth doing.
- Theres nothing wrong with spending a whole weekend pants and bra-less bingeing Netflix.
- Comparison is the thief of joy. Stop wishing you were someone else and try to be happy with who you are and where you are in your journey.
- Don’t be afraid to remove toxic people from your life. Just because they were significant in the past doesn’t mean that they have to be part of your future.
- Show gratitude. It’s easy to forget to say thanks but saying it can mean so much.
- Physical mail is mostly trash. If I could wish for something on my birthday it would be that people stopped sending me mail. (Except Amazon).
- Don’t ever feel guilty about a meal you ate.
- Find a workout you enjoy.
- The Most Satisfying Videos on YouTube are a great way to calm anxiety and quickly fall asleep.
- Always be open to new experiences you never know what new adventures you might stumble upon and new friends you might make.
- Dogs are truly incredible beautiful animals. We humans don’t deserve their unconditional love yet, we receive it anyway.
- Not everyone is going to like you. Focus on nurturing relationships with people who love you and want to see you kick ass. Don’t waste your time trying to please everyone. It’s impossible.
Hope you enjoyed this wrap up of sage advice that I’ve accumulated over 29 years! What life lessons have you learned? Let me know in the comments below and have a happy Halloween!
Rosé & Ruffles